Though owning and operating a food truck is a cheaper investment than a brick-and-mortar restaurant, purchasing a fully equipped truck is probably the most expensive and time-consuming part of the process. Additionally, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is whether or not you want to purchase a new or used truck.
Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to both. However, it will ultimately be dependant on your budget and how much money you can put upfront.
Here are a few advantages and disadvantages that come with a used food truck.
Advantages of Used Food Truck
- Significantly cheaper than a new truck
- You’ll be able to see the layout as a whole before buying it
- Everything is pre-installed
Disadvantages of Used Food Truck
- There’s a higher chance you’ll have to pay for repairs and maintenance
- You may not be fully aware of any defects or extent of wear and tear
- Life expectancy is not as good as brand new
Work With Houston Food Truck Experts
Finding a food truck that works for your vision can be overwhelming, and you may be unsure of what to do. Having experts by your side can help you make the right decision and find what works for you. At Trailer King Builders, we’ll take the stress off your shoulders and help bring your food truck vision to life.
If you’ve already got a food truck, we can revamp it to fit your needs, or if you’re starting from scratch, we offer new food trucks that are fully customizable. When you work with us, you can rest assured that we will work hard to make your dreams a reality.