Must-Know Food Truck Market Trends You Can’t Overlook
Before the pandemic hit in 2020, the food truck industry saw considerable market growth with an average yearly growth rate of 7.5%. However, with the pandemic came a decrease in demand for food trucks as people were no longer congregating in large groups. Many food truck businesses had to pivot to other strategies such as delivery or catering to stay afloat.
Experts consider that, in the following years, the food truck industry will experience steady growth as people become more comfortable dining out again and returning to large events. As we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s essential to know what trends are emerging in the food truck industry so you can stay ahead of the curve. Keep reading!
5 Food Truck Trends You Can’t Overlook
1) Custom Food Trucks: As the food truck industry grows, we see a trend toward custom-built trucks. Customers are no longer satisfied with generic, off-the-shelf options. Instead, they’re opting for trucks tailored to their specific needs and representing the brand’s identity.
If you’re considering starting a food truck business, or if you’re looking to upgrade your existing truck, make sure to consider a custom option. It’s an investment that will pay off in the long run.
2) Increased Vegan Options and Meat-Plant Blends: As more customers seek to reduce their meat consumption, vegan and vegetarian meals will continue to grow. As a result, you may consider including vegan-friendly dishes on your menu to attract more consumers.
3) Refined Sugar Alternatives: Refined sugar is out, and healthy alternatives are in. This trend has been growing for a while now, and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down soon.
Considering alternatives such as honey, agave syrup, or stevia if you want to stay ahead of the competition. Also, remember to include natural sugars found in pomegranates, coconuts, and dates.
4) West African Cuisine: This cuisine uses superfoods that cater to the trend for healthier food trucks. Millet, fonio, and chili peppers are beneficial for your health and usually are new to many consumers, so they’ll be eager to try them out.
5) Flour Alternatives: Some of the most popular ones include banana flour, almond flour, seed flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour.
6) Mobile Meals Direct To Customers: Customers are constantly looking for convenience, and that’s why this trend is gaining momentum. If you can find a way to deliver your meals directly to your market, you’ll attract more loyal customers.
Get A Trendy Food Truck Tailored To Your Business With Trailer King Builders
If you own a food truck business or plan to, you’ll need the best food truck builders in Houston, TX, by your side. Trailer King Builders has many years of experience crafting custom food trucks for all types of businesses.
We’ll work with you to understand your specific needs and wants. Then, we’ll build a truck that meets and exceeds your expectations. We know how to deliver excellence. Trailer King Builders uses only top-notch materials and equipment, ensuring your satisfaction. Contact us today to get started!